Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 12 ( Just realized I've been a week ahead this whole time )

Hello all my peoples! How's everyone doing on this fine veteran's day? I bet all the kids are happy to be out of school and what not. My week's been pretty good thus far and I figure I should dive right into it. 

So last P-day was pretty crazy cause our ZL's broke their car! It wasn't too bad really, it was just the back window. They had just gotten a bike rack to put on the back of the trunk (or boot for those of you who speak Irish) and they didn't look too closely to see that a strap was cause between the trunk and slammed it down and shattered the glass. One of them managed to cut themselves too so we had to follow them to the mission office and give them a ride back. That doesn't sound bad but in LA traffic that means a 20 min drive turned into and hour each way. It was okay though, we talked and sang and pretty much were just 18-year-old guys. President Weidman saw us there and had a 30-second interview with Elder Fry and he came out with eyes bigger than dinner plates. He said he couldn't tell us why but he was flipping out. But more on that later.

Well after that we went and visited our friends the Sizemore's and they had their cowboy gear out. They are part of SASS, some organization where people dress up as cowboys and shoot stuff, And with Ken's aforementioned stash of weaponry we decided to do some pictures :). They took over 300 pictures in the space of a few hours and it was a hoot. I'll send em' all in and hopefully my beloved mother will do some fun stuff with em' on my blog. It was great. 

The next day was a bit rough. It was one of those days where all our appointments fell through and we couldn't find anyone to talk to. After a while we decided to do our weekly planing a day early and went to the beach to do so. We watched the sunset and snapped some more pictures of it and had dinner and called it a night to do some paper work. It was just a hard day really. 

The next day was a lot better and we taught 4 lessons and then headed off for dinner with the Dalhs again. We had some sort or chicken and rice in cheesy-broth stuff and it was way good. Sister Dalh asked me if I liked mushrooms and, in my attempt to be nice, I lied and said I did. Big mistake. Nobody else in the house like mushrooms either so guess what happened to the liar? He eat and 1/4 pound of mushrooms that night! YYAAAYYY!! See where lying gets you kids?For dessert we had some candy that the kids gave us.... 7 lbs of it. We took so much back to the apartment that I doubt we will need anymore till after New Years. 


As we closed with a message we were going to give a prayer and we asked their youngest, a 2 year-old girl, who should give the prayer. After much deliberation she deiced to go with the Einie-meanie-minie-mo method. As she got about half way through she shouted in frustration "I don't know! They black one!" We were really confused at first but then realized I was wearing my black sweater and we all almost fell out of our chairs laughing. Such a funny family. they aren't half as crazy as we were when I was a kid though.

That night we had a lesson with Kriket again it was as entertaining as usual. Her mom has issues with tithing so we read her Elder Bednar's talk from this last conference about tithing. It went really good and she promised to at least try to get the funds together to pay this month so we are very hopeful. 

The next day we got a bomb dropped on us. More particularly Elder Fry did. That 30 second interview I mentioned earlier? Yeah, in that time President Weidman had told Elder Fry he was going to start a Farsi speaking mission here in LA! I kid you not, he really is. He was originally called here Spanish speaking, got transferred to English and now Farsi 6 months in..... It's a crazy deal. He'll be 1/8 missionaries speaking Farsi in the world! There are 4 here and 4 in Toronto, Canada. 


So that night as we were cycling home for the night a girl on the street stopped us. She asked us if we wanted to hear the word of Christ. We explained to her that we were missionaries but she said we needed to hear her word. She said "God is awesome, and so is Jesus and.... Yeah, God is great, the beer is good and people are crazy". Basically all you could expect of a 15 year old girls stopping you on the street and wanting to talk religion lol. It was funny and we laughed about it all the way home.

So Transfers are this week. Elder Fry will be leaving to start his business but his area is the entire mission, so we might see him every now and again. He's taking the car with him too, so I'll be biking it up. I don't really mind that either. I'm staying here but.... drum roll please.... I'll be in another Trio! You might recall a certain Elder Harris if I have been writing you. For those of you who don't know he is an Elder from Britain who is a bit of a loose cannon. He's always doing something crazy. Him and an Elder Macarty are my new comps. Me and President Weidman seem to both feel my visa coming this next transfer so I kind have my hopes up! 

Well, that's all really. I really am looking forward to this next transfer and I hope you are all well. Ficam doce! 

-Um no exercito de Deus
Elder Teela





No comments:

Post a Comment