Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 16

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well and stuff. Thanks for everying I got this week! Everyone sent we great stuff but espceailly thank you for the giagantic signed paper from my family and friends, and for the tie from my favorite irish peoples.

So Tuesday was temple day for our zone! We drove up there and did a session at 11:30 will almost all missionaries which was pretty great. I also ran into Brother Hales from Redando there so it was great to see him again. It was a super spiritual day and I loved it. We got home from that and had a couple lessons but nothing super remarkable really happend that day.

The next day we were told to get our oil changed. We figured it would only take about 30 mins so we zipped on by right after studies to get it done. Little did we know it would take 2 hours.... It took em' forever to actually get the car in there so we waited around for a while before it even started and then we found out one of the tires was run down pretty bad. So we ened up wondering around the store for a while and then going across the street to browse around. We didn't buy anything so don't trip (look how street I'm getting.... LA changes you man). That was fun and we just hung around for a while and talked to a nice lady at Pep Boys.

We had dinner with  Sister Rogers and she made us 7-seafood soup. I'll send a picture of it so you all can see just how crazy this stuff is. I can't believe I actually ate it.... I usually hate sea food but I was starving and who am I to turn down some food someone has made for me? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat! Anyway we eat lots of crazy stuff around here (Like the aforementioned chicken heart). We call it "soul food". I figure it's called that cause it is as good for your soul as much as it tries your taste buds. It really wasn't even that bad honestly. 

The next day we spent running around all over the place trying to get people to FHE (really a lesson and an activity with sugary goodies afterward for adults at the church) that night. We got a ton of people there actually, but before that we got a call from one of our investigators named Maria. She had a loaf of pumpkin bread with our names on it! She got it overnight from Florida and had them send an extra loaf for us. Aren't people just the best? We feasted upon it heartily and loved it.

At FHE we watched "Joy to the World" a church movie about Christ's birth that is really good desipte it's ages starting to show. The spirit was super strong and we opened up a disscussion for the peopel there so we could bear testimonies. That quickly took a dive south though when a little girl asked "Where does get his power?". We tried to head off the question because mostly investigators are there and we try to avoid deep douctrine for them but the damage was done. One of the senior missionaries took it and ran. We ended that disscution fast and just got on with the activity. We all were cracking up about it later and no real damage was done, people were just a bit blown away. 

The next day we finnaly had another discussion with Louie. He's was super great as always and made us some quesadillas (no idea how to spell that). We talked about tons of stuff with him and reset his baptismal date for Feb. 23rd. He's a really great man and we hope he gets baptized soon!

Friday was pretty great. I got all those awesome gifts that you guys sent and I love them all. After district meeting we took off for zone lunch (only once a transfer now) at Shakey's. We were hanging out and having a great time when I got a call about my visa.... Turns out I needed to sign some stuff to get my FBI report realsed (cause we all know I'm such a bad kid) and Sister Bidolph said it means it'll be here soon, so I'm pretty pumped. They called my mom and asked her for my SSID while I was just sitting there super awkward-like. I bet she got a bit of a shock there. They got my sister (Kenz I think) and she was probably pretty suprised there. So that's the visa update, we also picked up my (borrowed) bike while we were there. 

That Saturday was the craziest day we've ever had on the mission. We took the bikes cause we're short on miles and flew around on them all day. It started when we went to go contact this less-active brother. There was this little parakeet that was hanging out and when we put our bikes up he flew over to our cross bars and just hung out with us. We named him "Estaban" . As we started talking to the the man there Estaban took of and landed on the groudn about 2 feet behind me, and then was promply snatched by a cat. We were all like, "What the heck?" It was pretty unexpected and the man said that was actually his girlfriend's pet. That was crazy.

After that we were biking around after dinner and Elder Froisland yelled from behind me to stop and turn around. I freaked out a bit and checked on him but he was fine. He was pointing to a fence with a ton of dogs barking at us. I swear, this lady had about 6 dogs. I was like, "So what? The stupid things bark at us all the time". But as I looked through the night I saw what he was excited about. There was a dog preched, yes perched, on top of the fence posts. It wasn't a smal dog either, this was a fully grown german shepard. We were just like "What the devil!!?" We couldn't believe it! We tried to take a picture he he hopped on down and took off. Silly poochy.

We met a great family that night as well, we call em' the E's because all of their names start with a long "ee" sound. They are so prepared and we hope to start teaching them this week!

Church was fun becuase Bishop got up and really preached this week. He got up and basically gave a sermon on "trial are blessings people". He used Job as an example and did a great job. He sure needed to too. The people around here are usually really dependant on the church. It's not their fault it's just that it's more poor area. 

He said something I really liked in the talk though. He siad "Without vision, men perish". I really like that idea. I try to keep my vision squared but we could all do a little better at that couldn't we? In Matthew 6:22 it says "If they eye be single, you shall be filled with light". It's easier to do it on a mission I know but I hope that afterward I will be able to keep that focus on God and everything that is really important. I hope that you can all do the same as well because I know that it brings blessings like you could not believe. I love you all and hope to find you all well. Ficam doce

-Um no exerctio de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment