Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 47- Kissed by a drunk Mexican woman...

So first thing to really talk about this week was our baptism! Bobby made it to his baptism on Saturday night but there was a bit of a fuss to get it to all work out. We get the interview done Tuesday and set the time for 6pm Saturday and it ended up being anything but. We called the building coordinator and they said we couldn't have the font till 7 (after we had already sent out the mass text) because there was an 8-year-old baptism that night as well. So everyone showed up an hour early and then all left again. When 7 rolled around Bobby was nowhere to be found and it turned out they had gotten a flat! So he ended up being baptized closer to 8 than anything, but it happened and it was spiritual, that's all that matters. Sunday he was confirmed too but was half an hour late and giving our bishop a bit of a scare. They traffic was awful so almost half the ward came in late too. On top of that the man who confirmed him had never done a confirmation either, so we were all wondering if he was even an elder. But like I said, all's well that ends well.
 
So for a few funny little stories I wanna tell you about this lady we met on the street trying to contact some referrals (people that they're friends tell us to go teach). As we were walking up to the apartment complex this very drunk looking woman stops us on the side walk and starts talking to us in Spanish. I didn't really get much of it, mostly things like "God bless you" and something about angels. She said God was in her heart and some other stuff about needing us to help or something. We give her the Zone Leader's phone number and told her to call if she wanted them to come over. As we were saying good bye she wraps her arms around me neck and tries to pull me in to kiss me! After freaking out and getting over my shock I told her "Sorry, I can't" and she was really sorry, haha. She then took our hands and kissed them and looked at me and asked what I assumed was "Is this okay?" I told her yes and we kept on going on with our day... I don't get why I attract all the wrong women! Why can't the models do this kind of stuff?! Haha.
 
Oh the people in ward got me another man-skirt too! I love Carson ward!
 
I know there's more that happened this week but I can't really remember any of it, haha. I got a little food poisoning so my mind is a bit foggy. Next week is transfers so we'll see what happens there. I don't really know if we'll stay merged or not now that the world cup is over. We'll see if the visa comes soon.
 
For a little splash of spiritual stuff I think I'll talk about accountability. I'm sure most RM's know this but a lot of people don't, missionaries are completely unsupervised. You literal only have the Lord and some leadership to be accountable to and they trust you, so you can lie and they don't really mind. If you and your companion really wanted to you could do anything you wanted (and far too many have). It really makes me stand back and wonder how this work keeps going (aside from the hand of God). But it's really comes down to this one question, who are you when no one is watching? What do you do when no one will find out? It's tricky and I'm glad we are able to keep on the straight and narrow (more or less :) ). I hope we all have the integrity to keep ourselves clean and strong.
 
That's all I can really type this week. Outta time! Have a good one!
 
-Um no exercito de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment