Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 84

Hey! 

So this we rocked my socks off. We Had a baptism, ate some cake and some guy walked into sacrament meeting and shouted ´Is Clarice here?!´ in the middle of a sister´s testimony. But let me start over with this and put that all in order. 

So to start off we had a really cool FHE with a family Monday night. They are pretty much our best friends here and we actually had another FHE with most of the same crowed last night as well. It was really fun and every had a good time. I´m throwing a photo in here really quick so you can see them all:


So this week we pretty much spent teaching a kid we found in a part-member family that the last elders baptized his brother (that sentence makes sense in Portuguese).  He is super cool and when his mom joked with him that he couldn´t be baptized he almost cried. We also get a lot of food at their house so they are pretty much doomed to be passed by elders the rest of their lives, ha ha. His mom asked if we would stop passing by because he as baptized now, we asked if we´d still be welcome and she said yes and so we then made our point about the food. We basically went to his house everyday to make sure this wouldn´t fall through. And well, Just look at this pic: 


Not sure why he was making that face but the kid is great :). I played the piano at his baptism and it was the first one here in 2 months. It was great. 

So we have a ton of great member-missionaries here. One guy invited us to teach a friend of his in his house and then brought 2 more to church Sunday! Also we get referrals almost every lunch we have. It´s pretty awesome because this is really what moves the work forward. EVERYBODY GIVE YOUR MISSIONARIES REFERRALS. You always have at least one friend who is interested, I know that. Think and pray on it and it´ll come it you. 

So for some spirituality I will steal from a cool talk I listened to called ´Give us this day our daily bread´ by Elder Christofferson. He said ´Many times we conquer big tasks in small parts´. If our life seems to hard or too crazy we need to just break it down. Some times I find myself just thinking ´I just need to get up this hill´ or ´Just 3 more contacts´. These smaller steps help us feel more capable and makes these big tasks seem more manageable. I remember when I was getting ready to leave on my mission I was in the couch talking to my mom and I said ´but it´s TWO YEARS´ but after 20 months of that two years I feel as if it´s not even been 2 weeks. I just took it day by day and week by week. I found joy in every day and every baptism and lesson and now it´s almost over already. It really has been great. 

Well, I´ll leave you all with that for this week. I hope you all have a good week! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment