Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Week 38-- God wants us all back

Hello, hello, hello once again my minions! Haha, how are you all doing? I'm great but pretty sweaty. I'm sure that's exactly what you all want to hear but it is darn hot out here right now! The high for Wendnesday is supposed to be 102! I love the sun and all but I hope I get more than some sunburns our of all this nastiness.
So really all I want to talk about it Friday this week becuase of just how awesome it was! We had a trip to the Visitor's center planned with this RC and her boyfriend as his first lesson. We usually bus the the Visitor's center but for some reason we wanted to bike the 10-12 miles there. I'm not really sure why but we did it and it was pretty awesome. We biked right by Fox studios (big name in entertainment if you live under a rock) and through Santa Monica as well. The bike was pretty flat as well so we had a good time just riding along. We didn't know when we started off but we actaully beat the busses too. It only took us around 50 mins to get there and the bus would have taken about 80.
Anyway, we get there, meet up with our investigator/RC couple and head up to the Visitor's center, but it took us about an hour to travel the 10 blocks because they are both.... well exprinaced in life. End of story we ened up getting there about an hour late. We were feeling kinda dumb for throwing off the Sisters' schedule but that all went away when the craziest thing happened. Irmao Lemperle (sorry, I know I just butchered you name), my MTC teacher, walked out of the Visitor's center! It was pretty much the highlight of my day and it was awesome to have that little tender mercy happen.


When we got done with our Visitor Center tour things got even better, Patrick (the boyfriend) accepted a baptismal date! He will be baptized on the 25th of this month! What's even better is that the missionaries in our ward are shooting to do a speacial musical number on that day, so it would be pretty speacial for him I think. He also came to church yesterday (4th time doing so) even though his girlfriend couldn't make it, so we're really excited for him! Miracle do happen people!
So my final thought I want to leave is one on one repentance. I really love this poem that everyone already knows but I want ot share it again

Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

I love that poem and this verse from Isaiah 49 15-16:
Yea, they may forget, yet will not forget thee. Behold, have graven thee upon the palms of my‍ hands; thy walls are‍ continually before me.
The end of the line is this, God wants us all back. He doesn't hate you for sinning and he doesn't want to punish you but if you don't follow the laws that were set back before time even was than he cannot bless you (D&C 82:10). So pelase make His death, blood, sweat and tears worth something!
I hope you all have a great week! God bless you all!
- Um no exercito de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment