Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Week 37-- Cinco de Mayo

Hey guys, how are you all doing? It's been super hot here this week! Around 95 (32 C, I know because a bank had a sign that did both) most days. Oh and our pretty new apartment? No AC. Yeah, that's real fun to come home to every night. Anyway, enough complaining, I'll tell you a bit about my week.
So Tuesday was transfers and the dynamic (but somewhat strange) duo was not broken up! I think I alrady told you all that but I'm not too sure. Anyway we spent the entire morning and well into the afternoon helping a family we never met move. They were a less-active family and out of our area so it was a bit strange getting to know them and then seeing them leave. They were really cool too! Bought us dounuts and a whole bunch of water (because it was 97 that day). That was pretty much the highlight right there. I don't really remeber much more and I changed planners I can't really check....
Wensday we were enlisted in to a big service project. We went to the American caner sosiety and were helping them stamp and adress 5000 post cards about this big walk they are doing. We didn't even come close to finishing. Out of 48 groups by ZIP code, we got 5 done this week.... such a long way to go. We're doing it this week too, so that should be fun, not. But that is okay becuase it is right next to Yogurtland. We stopped by Wendnesday and chowed that stuff down.
Thrusday we are supposed to plan for the next week, but we didn't even get close to doing that. We did some more work on the American Cancer sosiety stuff and then we had a lesson at the temple right after that, so basically those two activities took the entire day. The temple lesson was SO good. It was with this enterna-gator who really isn't too spiritual of a guy but president challanged him to go to the temple and do a lesson there, so we did, and boy did it work! He's been coming to chruch and stuff for so long people have forgotten he's not baptized and he didn't seem much closer until after that lesson. The sisters got permission to bring him into the front lobby of the temple and have him say a prayer and do a short talk in there. The spirit was so strong and he said he felt it like nothing before in his life. After we got out he truned to me and said "Dude, I almost lost in there and started crying in front of you guys!" It was definately a big step froward for him and one of the best lessons I've ever been a part in.
Friday was pretty cool. We had a lunch appointment with the same sister as last week and it went amazing. We asked everyone to share how God has show how he loves them in their lives. We did our part but really the daughter of the non-member/less-active duo is who knocked it out of the park. She bore a powerful testimony and told us how God had blessed her with such great parents. She might have been the only one crying visably but I know that her parents wanted to too becuase I felt some tears just hearing it. She realyl did a great job and I think she has helped bring her family one more step closer to enternal life.
That night we also had an awesome diner with the bishop and his wife the pano shots are from his 14th-floor balcony. We had some good old taco salad and talked about tons of stuff, but the best part is that we got aporval to do a guitar/singing muscial number in sacrament meeting! I'll give you all more news on that when it comes.


Saturday was a great, yet sad, day. We helped one of our favorite families move out of the area. They are so cool and I'm jealous that I had to share them with other missionaries now, but that is how life goes. If you're reading this Bro. or Sis. Henrique all I have to say is that you guys are the best! 
We also found this awesome lady to teach, we went to a BBQ and helped a woman prepare for her upcoming confirmation. I know that saving ordainances are important and all, but our man Daneil makes some mean ribs. It was the night before fast Sunday so we chowed down like there was no tomorrow! It was SO good!
Sunday was the big day. We confirmed one woman and baptized another! It was a very spiritually filling day and to see both the people we have been working so hard with take these final steps to join the Lord's kindom was just the best thing since sliced bread. I played the piano at the service (not too badly) but I was a bit off for sure. I thought it was just the fast but turns out I had deloped some..... digestive issues. We made it through though and it was just swimmingly. The spirit was strong and the ward was there to support so we couldn't have asked for more!
Sorry, but no real time for a thought this week. Check out Isaiah 49:15-16 sometime. It's my power-scriputer of the week you could say.
-Um no exercito de Deus
Elder teela

No comments:

Post a Comment