Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 36-- Getting hit on by a prostitute

Hello again everybody! I'll be honest, I didn't like the letter I sent last week so that whole system is gonna go. I guess I'll just learn to type faster or somethin :). Anyway this week had been absolutely insane! I'll just get to it so you know what I mean....
So, starting with Tuesday. Basically all day Tuesday I was on the bus or sitting in a little class room in the church watching The District 2. It was Elder Richeson's 12 month training and I guess they had some top secret stuff to talk about because they didn't let us in on it. So to kill time we watched all of the District 2. It was fun enough I guess. I got to see Elders Froisland, MacArthy and Harris again, plus a lot of the friends I've made out here in the mission. We also drove right by Sister Rodger's house on the bus ride home and I almost felt like jumping off the bus to say hi to everyone back in Bell.
Wednesday we had 7 appointments.... 5 of which were all less-active members. It was the busiest day of my mission, bar none. We started off by doing some service in the area just south of ours right by USC. We were pulling some weeds and stuff for some old lady and what not while she told us a super long joke about a man becoming his wife or something. We then had an appointment in our area right after that, up in the northern parts. So we biked about 10 miles in about 20 mins (okay, not that fast) and had a meeting up there. We not only crossed our area but half of another, all going up hill. We were sweating like crazy by the time we made it to the park we were meeting at. We had no time to change clothes, so we just showed up in our service ones. After that lesson we crossed the area yet again to go to another lesson (thankfully downhill this time) still in our service clothes. After that we had dinner and yet again had no time to change. We were planning on changing after dinner but we got a call to go give a blessing half way through! Still in service clothes, we took off to there. After that we had our last lesson of the day with a sister who's about 65 and is unable to make it to church. As you probably guessed, we were not in our whites still. But that's not the craziest part of this story. The sister was complaining about her neighbors and me and Elder Richeson offered to go teach him about "the laying on of hands" as a joke. She looked at us dead serious and said "No need for that, I could get him. And I would only do one thing to him..." Elder Richeson in his funny way said "Give him a hug?" She fixed those aged old eyes on him and said, dead serious still "I would have his heart in my hand...." I just about chocked on nothing trying my hardest not to laugh. She's this little old lady who can't even walk up the stairs! It was just too funny!
Thursday was just disturbing. Well I guess only getting hit on by that prostitute was, but that really burned a nice hole in my day. What? You say you don't know about that? Oh, let me explain! Thursday, after our weekly lunch with Anthony, we rode home and were locking up our bikes when a voice called out "Hey there!" Not really looking up I just said "Hey, How's your day going?" The doer of dirty deeds said just about the corniest thing on earth "Good, now that I met you..." I had to look up at that point because  I thought someone was just pulling our leg or something, but no, it was a woman of the night dressed in nothing but something leather that looked like a shirt with short shorts attached. It was just nasty, she looked at least 45 too! It was just messed up. I tried to lock up my bike faster but that just made me fumble the keys more, so she sat there stroking my arm asking probing questions and using lines straight out of a bad sit-com. When I finally got my lock done up, the evil beast stroked my chin and I about just pushed the satan-woman into traffic! We bolted into the apartment without saying anything more. It was so gross..... I just wanted to go and take a shower I felt so dirty!
Friday was a day at the church. We had not one, but two baptismal interviews! It was SO good! We had one just before district meeting and one at 6 with a member of the mission presidency. It was just great to see the two people we've been working so hard with finally get the green light to enter the Lord's church! We had an awesome late lunch/early dinner to fill the time between with a part member family and their friends. We taught about the restoration and we look forward to seeing some of those fruits soon as well.
Saturday we finalized the details of Carol's baptism. The other person couldn't get work off, so they will be baptized this week. Elder Richeson was cool enough to let me do the actual ordinance, so we showed her how it was done and answered whatever questions she had. It was amazing to see though, we've been teaching her the last 6 weeks and the past 3 she has just exploded in her progression. I think you could have put the worst missionaries on earth with her and she would have still gotten baptized. We really didn't even hardly have to do any of the work, she studied and prayed and was just the greatest investigator a missionary could ask for, a real blessing!

Sunday was the big day. We had an awesome service put on by the ward and I didn't mess up too bad so I only had to baptize her once. She was so happy she was crying and actually called us this morning to tell us just how awesome she felt. But like I said, she and God did all the work, we were just here to be tools in his hands. We also got a chance to go to a departing missionary fireside with a part-member family. The father (the investigator) asked if our "leader guy or whatever" was there and we took him over to President Weidman. Let's just say we now have a visit to the visitor's center planned for Thursday, ha ha. Gotta love that man.  
For a spiritual thought I'm gonna talk about God, shocker right? But I just want to let you know that He really does know our lives and cares about us. There is no doubt in my mind that he knows exactly what I need and exactly how much I can take. He pushes the limits because He wants us to grow and learn and become like Him. I've seen his hand in my life so much this week I didn't even try to tell you half of them. I just want you to all know that I know for a fact that what Elder Holland said last conference is so true "Most of all, never give up on your Father in Heaven, who loves you more than you can possibly imagine". I hope all you have an amazing week!
-um no exercito de Deus
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment