Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 64-- Stay Strong and The Lord Blesses Us

Hey hey hey people! It´s lil´ ole me again. Sorry, but these emails are gonna be getting a whole lot shorter. I´ve getting lots of love from everyone here and it´s hard to respond but I promise an email to you at least every two weeks. So I´ll give you a quick funny and then I´ll do something or another spiritual. 

So for funny I´ll tell you about something that actually happened a while ago. Here, the TV show `Duck Dynasty` is called `Reis dos Patos` or `The kings of the Ducks` as I can translate it. Me and my family LOVE this show, ha ha. And so I was trying to tell my buds here that we do, but the problem is I said I watched ´Os Reis dos peitos` which pretty much almost sounds the same but this phrase means `The kings of the breasts`...... You can see where that went down hill really fast, ha ha. They all about died laughing and I did too after I knew what I said.

 To be a little spiritual I´ll talk about obedience again a little. California I think has a problem with lots of missionaries who don´t get why we have rules. Here in Brazil the culture is very against the rules. The members here pretty much just want to stay in their houses and chill all day. People here don´t have lives like in the states, a good chunk of time in their day is unstructured and they like to sit and talk with their friends, which we are. They want us to watch TV and sit and play video games and stuff like that. It´s hard sometimes but we need to stay in the lines if we want to play the game if you know what I mean. Stay strong and the Lord blesses us, that's how it is. Pres. Monson just said in conference last year `Courage, not compromise that brings the smile of God´s approval`. 

Hope you all have a good week and that God blesses you all. 
-Um no exército de Deus 
Elder Teela  

No comments:

Post a Comment