Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Week 66-- Y'all be good?

You all be good? I be good too me homies, but fo´ real I be doing good. 

Sorry, Cali was coming out in me a bit there, ha ha. SWLA changes you man... So this week was freaking crazy! We had our Christmas conference Wednesday (it´s not even close to Christmas people!) it was pretty good. Pres. and Sister Wright gave some pretty great talks and the spirit was strong. There was also a cool slide show that they made of all of us in the mission so we could all remember the year. Oh yeah, and we kinda baptized a steak this year... .1900 people! Isn´t that a crazy number!? That is what really makes my faith grow that the work of the Lord is really accelerating.

So also we had to work our butts off this week. We only really had 4 days to work this week because of meetings and what not. But we still managed to hit our standards of excellence here. It was crazy amount of planning and running (more or less literally) to finish our goals but we got it! 

Oh, and we kinda had 2 people baptized this week! I think I mentioned them last week but I´ll tell you about em´ a bit still I´ll fill you in again. Their names are Claudia and Pedro. They are a family we found clapping at people´s gates (knocking doors here) and she had already had tons of contact with the church and they were SO freaking ready! We´ve been working with them for about 6 week more or less. Claudia has 2 kids and is around 35 I´d guess. Pedro is the 1st of the kids and the other is Libby who is 4 and just the funniest little thing ever. Pedro and Claudia were baptized but Libby isn´t old enough yet (You have to be 8 to be baptized) so only they were baptized. I´ll attach some pics of them :). 

Oh, so something freaking hilarious happened this week. So we got home after emails and whatnot last week and Elder Fullmer (ZL and room mate) looked on his bed and found a little present on his bed from a bird. So we went on the hunt in our apartment and found us the little rascal. He was hiding up in our loft and Elder Jasperson (Other ZL and room mate) thought it´d bee good to throw a fork at it. The beast was awakened and it attacked me! More or less.... Really it thought it´d be smart to try and land on my back but got scared and flew away. After that we took to trying to catch it and finally got a hold of him and let him go, but the little ye beasty had his vengeance... When Elder Fullmer went to study the next morning guess what he found on his desk? A little present from his feathered friend. We all about died laughing about that. 

Well, to be all spiritually and stuff for a bit, I´ll tell you about this little realization I had. There was a talk given in general conference about living up to our blessings. I was a bit bored in the Christmas conference and started flipping through my notes and found the ones from general conference and read about that talk a little bit. After that the next day I read my Patriarical blessing and came to a bit of a hard realization, that I needed to be a way better person than I am now. Not that I´m horrible but the person that is described in my Patriarcal blessing is on a whole other level than I am and so I have some repenting and work to do. We need to be our best selves, we really do. Being a disciple of Christ means that one day we will have to face down exactly our worst attributes and over come them, that our weaknesses need to be hunted and taken out, that not only should we fix our problems when we find them, but that we should actively be seeking them out and facing them down. 

That´s about it for this week. Need time to write family still :). Hope you all have a good one! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment