Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 72-- Time is going so fast!

Bah, I´m almost done with my Sister mission! Time is going fast so I´mma try my best to keep everyone updated on everything. It´s getting harder to keep up but I´ll try :) 


So you know how people tell you you get more tired the longer you are on the mission. About 3 or 4 months ago I didn´t really believe it but now... I almost fell asleep in a few lessons, ha ha. I think it´s mostly the heat down here. It really suck the energy out of you like crazy, but on the bright side I´m not burning anymore..... or maybe I´m just permanently burnt now.... Not too sure. 

Starting from last Monday we WRECKED some poor kids at basket ball, ha ha. They all just kinda gave up which was a bit sad but still satisfying in a sick way, ha ha. That sounds really messed up I know but it was a good time :). 

We had an awesome FHE with a returning less-active family and we played that whole game where everyone has a card on their head and they need to guess who they are. Some poor little girl was very stressed out and finally just looked at her card..... But didn´t know how to read it, ha ha. The poor thing almost broke down but we helped her out and she was much happier. 

We´ve been working with this girl Natalia all week which has been awesome! She just appeared in church last Sunday and now she´s baptized! She was SO prepared she even walks to church on her own every week! It´s pretty legit. We´ve also been working with the grandsons of one of our recent converts and both of them have now been baptized. One openly told us even that he didn´t want to be this weekend but when the interview happened just actually asked to be baptized this week! I had the privilege to be the one to baptize them both too :). 



We also received a bunch of referrals from a family of 2 returned missionaries and that was exciting. We hopped on the bus last week and went there to contact them all but it turned out to be more of a task than we thought. Turns out the are has a ton of dogs that like the taste of missionary. I´m used to seeing plenty of dogs on the streets around here and all but most of them don´t even bark and if they give you trouble you just act a like you´re gonna throw a rock at them and they run away. This time we actually ended up throwing some rocks and Elder Sanches ran away from one, ha ha. That was sure something new. 

We also passed some members for lunch and I asked how they were. They said they were sad and when I asked why turns out their stupid dogs attacked a porcupine! One of the beasties took a bit full of the needles and swallowed one the got to it´s heart and it died.... I did my best and managed not to laugh at the moment. 

So I´m running out of time so I´ll leave you with a little thought here. Sometime we need to take a little break in live and just left ourselves laugh or cry or whatever a bit. Whether it´s a loss in a hard game or constant stress we should all let ourselves relax a bit. Even God rested one day out of 7, so we should too! It´s better than letting it build up and exploding on the ones we love, right? 

Anyway, that´s my sh-peel, have a good week everyone! 

-Elder Teela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment