Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 73-- Elder, just get home after the interview

Well, another week came and went pretty fast. It´s been pretty great and there´s really more than I can tell that happened, as always, ha ha. I´ll try to be fast and tell it all like usual though. I think I´ll be a bit briefer this these ones though. 

So Tuesday we went to the temple with some sisters in our district which was fun. Especially for them when it started pouring and none of us brought our umbrellas. My comp was making a video and started doing a commentary and said    `It´s too late for their make-up.... hope is lost´, ha ha. 




Thursday was fun because we had district meeting and the sisters brought some brownies that were to die for. I almost did because I ate too many of them, ha ha. After that we went on exchanges with my good bud Elder Gomez. We bro´d it up all day and had lunch with a recent convert which was AWESOME and then we went and lit the world on fire. We spent 2 hours teaching and finding I think and we found 11 new investigators! 

That night we also had English class which was fun as usual. The other Elders basically just let me teach and I went to it. But this kinda annoying guy showed up and everyone got mad at him in the class because he kept asking questions that had nothing to do with the class and repeating them sometimes 10 times before I could answer, which got old fast. It was funny though because he kept calling me ´pastor´ which we all got some good laughs out of. 

Friday and Saturday we spent literally all the days at interview. It was super cool because the whole district baptized this week!  It was fun traveling but it kinda wasted all our money.... good thing I had a reserve fund! Ha ha! But really it was cool. One interview we showed up at 8 o´clock at night and she said she didn´t want to be baptized but after a bit we started bearing tons of testimony and the spirit touched her strong. She told us ´I don´t know what happened but suddenly everything I was thinking just... clicked and changed...´ it was SO cool! She was interviewed and we ended up getting a ride home at around 11 at night from her not-so-boyfriend (it´s complicated). The spirit was SO strong and when we called President he just said ´Elder, just get home after the interview, have a good night´ 



Oh and Sunday I played the organ.... well, I programed it and sat there touching the keys in time like I needed to but the chorister had other ideas..... She kept pausing and changing the time and slowing down and speeding up, ha ha. It turned out okay until the last hymn which kind of just burned and died, ha ha. 

We also had yet another baptism this week! That makes this 3 weeks straight! And 5 for the ward! It´s pretty awesome to see the Lord in the work and the miracles that are happening here! 

For my little final thought I was thinking this week of a quote I heard once from Winston Churchill, who was okay for a Brit, ha ha. He said this: ´Never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.´ That is exactly how we should be. Never, Never, Never give in. We may feel weak, we may even look weak and the forces of evil in this world may be far greater than us, but we had the All Mighty on our side, we cannot fail. So keep your head up and ´keep on keepin´ on´ as my mom always says. 

Have a good week! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment