Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 74-- This Week Was Pretty Awesome

So this week was pretty awesome really. We pretty much are still rolling on all the same, great work and good times. Here in Brazil the Lord really is preparing the people. 

We had our 5th baptism in a row this week in the form of the most shy little girl I´ve ever known I think. She our recent baptism´s niece and she loves the church. She gets really nervous usually around new people but seems to love primary every week. She was baptized by my beloved comp Elder Sanchez and we even had a special appearance by the primary at the meeting to sing a hymn for her. It was great :) 

So some funny stuff this week came in the form of a Sister that I won´t divulge the name of. We´ll call her Sister X for now. So we were at our ZTM which was fun but she added a bit more to it. She said that she want to have a ´scissors war´ (yeah, forget English spelling) instead of a pillow fight and that they spent the day ´patato-ing´ doors instead of knocking them, ha ha. The meeting was pretty sweet though, lots of good stuff there. 

The next day we went up to Porto Alegre for a special meeting with Pres. Swenson of the MTC here in Brazil, which I just left a bit ago here, ha ha. He gave a talk about how we need to live our purpose before we teach it and then called a missionary up to help him write out the purpose, guess who it was? Sister X! She got up there and wrote a few words and ended up butchering how to spell baptism in Portuguese. We all had a bit of a laugh but I feel a bit bad for her honestly. The rest of the meeting went great and we shook their hands after it and Pres. Swenson´s wife said that she remembered me! I was taken off guard and gave the extremely intelligent remarks of ´thanks...´ ha ha. But we talked a little then and that was fun. I also ran into Elders Francom and Collett there which was cool. 

So Sunday was really cool too with the baptism and all but after lunch we were lacking on some new investigators so we were ´clapping at gates´ to try and pick some up. We were there calling the district to see how their baptisms were and this man just walked up to us with a pitcher of water and a cup and gave us some to drink. He then invited us in and we taught the first lesson and they accepted baptism! They should be pretty amazing and they seem super open and prepared! 

So for a quick thought I thought I´d talk about finishing. We have an Elder here in our house that is finishing his mission here and I thought I´d talk him up a bit. Here he is in his last week and he´s been working hard like never before. I think that´s pretty sweet. We had a saying back in my football days (ha ha, I feel old saying that) ´chest down finish´ referring to when you are running a sprint you want to be running as hard as you can, throwing your weight forward to do so, moving your chest down. That is the kind of finish every one should be seeking, especially on the mission. So keep on keepin´ on and finish strong! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment