Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 76- Happy Carnival, still

Happy Carnival still! Yeah, it´s about a 4-7 day ordeal here.... Except nothing crazy has happened. Just the fact that the internet cafe we normally use is closed.... And that´s more annoying than anything. I swear, any excuse not to work and these people down here take it. Lunch, rain, and the shops don´t even open till 9 and that´s if they ´get up early´. I was talking with some people and they say going to bed before midnight is just absurd. Everyone seems to stay up till at least 1 or 2 here (I know that´s not wierd to college students but     I´m a missionary here). 

 This week was good, tons and tons of finding but then I can´t really complain. This was probably the most accepting week  I´ve had in my mission. Everyone seemed to just let us in without a problem. It was kinda weird really, after being hardened to hear every excuse in the book to be just let in without a bit of a fight comes across as all too easy, ha ha. 

So some fun stuff that happened... We went to a lunch (which I´ve been to at least 5 times now) and the sister there kept calling me`German´. It´s fairly normal here to call someone german if they have a lighter complextion but the funny thing here was that she actually thought I was from Germany, ha ha. I´m not sure why but it was pretty funny to me and she didn´t seem to understand I kept talking about how I was from the States. 

After lunch that day we went to take the bus home but we kinda hithced a ride on the wrong bus and ended up a city over.... whoops! Luckily it stopped by the train station so we didn´t end up too far off course but I about died when the bus didn´t follow the normal route and asked the money- changer-lady where we were going and she responded the city over, haha. 

A few nights later we had a great FHE with the family I first met here in Brazil. It was fun, I remeber that first night here I only caught maybe %60 of the conversation there and had to kind of fill the rest with my guess work and now I was there and didn´t miss a beat. It was cool how much I had improved in the language is such a short time. When practice meets nessecity and inspiration from God, miracles happen :). It was good, I gave their little daughter about 5 peices of origami. She seemed to just be tickled pink. The way home was less fun though but we managed to make it through the sketchy part of our area without a problem (don´t freak out Mom :) ) 
 
Church was good yesterday, we didn´t really have anyone on the meeting because of holidays but it was good none the less. One little kid right as we were starting to sing the opening hymn had one of those moments where a kid is just unconsolable and started screaming `No! No! NNNOOO! Don´t take me out!´ Poor mom about died of shame but it was one of the those moments.  I thought... I used to be like that kid.... It´s crazy how much we change. 

We had another little boy at lunch who locked himself into the bathroom and started freaking out. His Dad quickly arrived to save the day but the little boy was crying and screaming too much to hear his dad give instructions. So his dad patiantly called out to him until he had calmed enough to hear his voice. When he finlly calmed down he got out just fine with some instructions from is dad. I imagaine that´s a lot like the life here and God above. To Him it must seem simple really but He understands our trouble and panic so He helps us out, even though we can´t seem Him. He will call until we are calm enough to let Him help us and then opening the door is all too easy. 

So that´s about it, gotta  go now, we all have to do e-mail one by one today so I´ll be leaving. Hope you all have a good week! 

-Um on exército de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment