Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 77-- I started a war

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the suppor I´m getting still guys. It really means a lot to have so many good friends. I love getting your emails and I respond to them the best I can but sorry if I miss a week or two here and there. Thank you all so much :). 

So this week went by pretty quick for me. Monday and Tuesday had some rough beginnings though because my companion was sick Monday (so no B-ball :( ) and Tuesday I was sick. I made a resolution that day that I would work anyway but only lasted till about lunch. We got there by bus which was just fine until we ate and I pretty much passed out then and there, ha ha. They said I was super red and looked like I was about to die.... so we went home and I napped all day pretty much by orders of the mission president´s wife. 

Wednesday I was better-ish. I didn´t do my normal intense workouts but we managed to actually do some missionary work without a problem. We had a good day but I really don´t remember it, ha ha. I was pretty exhausted and hit the hey hard that night. 
 
Thursday was district meeting and I about started a war. Every meeting we usually have ten minutes of language study with the district. Most of these involve games and I did ´Scatta-gories´ if anyone is familiar with that. I did Elders against sisters too..... Wrong move, ha ha. The sisters basically complained a lot and everyone kept using Brazilian fruits as words which I didn´t count and that got everyone going pretty well, ha ha. The sisters ended up winning by a bit but basically it was a war in the church, ha ha. That night we also had a super cool FHE with a member where his mom and sister made a TON of pizza for us. We almost got it all down but even four hungry missionaries after a good long day´s work wasn´t any match for how much pizza there was. For those of you who know a missionay´s appetite that should be pretty surprising.

Friday we had lunch with the ward mission leader and almost got kicked out because me comp was dogging on his soccer team too much, ha ha. It gets real down here people. I swear it´s crazy. Elder Lima here told me that at home people get shot over games and often there are fights after a big win. It´s pretty nuts. That day also started the rain that is still hanging around here. It´s been raining off and on for the past 4 days. It´s nice though because it cools down the weather a bit. At least we´re not kissing 100 (38C) everyday. It´s nice not to sweat until I die everyday now. I only drink a liter of water when I get home now a days as apposed to the usual 2, ha ha. 

Saturday we found a cool family. The dad is a delivery driver for a big drinks company here so he gives us a lot of soda and the mom is deaf, but she seems really cool we learned a little sign with them and they seem pretty cool. They have 3 little girls, like the gospel and accepted baptism already! It was pretty legit how we found them too. We were there for another appointment but as we were at the gate their little girls kept giggling and hiding from us so we deiced to hit them up. 

So a little spiritualism here. This week I´ve been really focusing on change. What final changes I want to make before I get home and shock the world with how awesome I am, ha ha. I´m sure physically we´ve all made a goal at some point but also I´ve been thinking a lot about myself really. I´ve realized that really the only thing that gets in the way is our pride. Just the fact we think that the way we do it is justifiable or that we know better, but in the end we just need to let go of that and honestly just be who we know we should be. It´s so simple but so hard isn´t it? 

Well, that´s it for this week. Have a good week everyone! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment