Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week 78-- Less Than 5 Months People!!

So now begins the countdown my friends.... The home stretch, the final run and end of the line. This week I´m gonna start something called the D&C countdown. Everyday you read one section of the D&C starting with section 138 and working your way down to one and that last one should be the last non-pday of the mission. I start Friday...... I´M SO FREAKING OLD!! 

But for this week we had a good one. Monday was fun as a P-day of course so I´ll get to the fun stuff this week. We had a cool activity in the church that our WML called ´project multiply Sapucaia´ which was basically a huge FHE. We ate some pastels (some sort of fried bread filled with meat and stuff) and played that ´what am I?´ game where everyone has a card with a thing on their forehead and need to find out what it is. It got a little loud with about 40 people but went pretty well I think. Everyone had a good time and some investigators showed up, so it was all good. 

It also rained a lot this week. We got home one day after lunch and it had been raining a bit so we thought that the storm had pasted by about 2:30 so we went out and left our umbela´s in the house. The rain came back around 5.... and you can guess what happened there. We took shelter with some old lady near by who turned out to be sweet as the ice cream she sells. She wasn´t too interested in our message but we did have a good talk about church and stuff for a while and said a prayer. We then went to a recent convert´s house to dry off a bit and drink some good old grass tea (Chimarrão). 

We then had an awesome less with a family that seems really prepared, the only problem is that the parents aren´t married so that could put the whole baptism off a few months. It takes at least a month to marry here in Brazil from the day you submit your papers. I´m still not entirely sure why but it´s whatever. They are super cool and they´re kids are pretty funny. 

We also discovered this bakery that makes awesome cake :). Only about a buck fifty for a huge slice.

Also our fridge broke.... I had the great idea to try and break some of the ice that was building up. I ended up making a bit of a mess of it all.... Not my smoothest moment, ha ha. I left some milk in there over the weekend and literally none of it came out as liquid this morning when I poured it all out.... yummy. 

In other news my workouts are going well. Ladies beware! By the time I get home I´m pretty sure no one will believe it´s really me, ha ha. My comp also cut my hair too, which didn´t go so well... He cut it WWAAAYYY short. Good thing mission conference isn´t for a while still, I´ll have a bit of time for it to grow out before Pres. chews me out. 

To end it all this week was stake conference which was great. Pres. Wright made it out with his wife and so did a counselor in the temple presidency! It was really cool to hear their talks but the temple president made some awkward moments for our investigators. He kept asking ´do you want to be Gods one day?´ Which really threw a few people for a loop, ha ha. That took a little explaining. Then the stake president did a bit of work... He had some stuff to clear up and basically spent his time calling repentance on a few things. It was the first time I´ve ever seen anything like it in a meeting like that. 

We finished the night at a long earned baptism. Not from our area but it was a kid I´ve come to know pretty well and I was happy to finally see him baptized. He´ll be a real strength to his family in the times to come like his brother was before him when he was baptized. 

In the end I think I´d like to quote Churchill on one thing. He said this: 
`Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be´ 
However long and hard the road may be is a phrase I have fallen in love with. Everything in the end will make it worth it, that´s just what I keep telling my self when the days get long and the lessons fall through. Keep that in mind and it will pull you through anything. 

Have a good week everyone! 
-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment