Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Friday, March 13, 2015

Week 79 -- Lamenting my oldness

Wow, next week will be week 80 of my mission.... That´s crazy. I´m on the way down for sure, but I´ll get on to the week rather than lament my oldness, ha ha.

First off we had zone conference which was cool. Just a big old ball of spiritual coolness really. The mission President said something interesting.... ´chastity is exhaulatation´. Food for thought. 

So a few cool things are going down here. The woman we are teaching in who is deaf gave me a book of hers to try and learn a little sign language but it´s not very much still. Step by step I guess. I think it´s not ASL either which could be a little harder but we´ll see how that goes. It´s cool though, learning new stuff. I´m not sure if I´ll be using it too much when I get home but it still feels cool. I just wish I had learned more when I was with Elder Shamo, who was an ASL elder.... Oh well, too little too late. Also they made it to church last week and their daughters (11 and 10) want to be baptized! It´ll take a little convincing of the dad and some strong spirit but I think he´ll let them here soon. 

We had a cool ward FHE this week about BoM knowledge. We divided into 4 teams, one for each elder. With 3 elders out for more than a year and a half and one greeny (my comp) one poor team was a bit short handed, ha ha. We had a good night there and we had an investigator who walked there with us with her two little cousins. She liked it enough but didn´t quite get what was going, which is justified I guess, seeing as she never has read the BoM. 

We also had a cool lady just drop out of nowhere. She is the future mother-in-law of one of the members here. She just came to church last week and lives with her daughter (future sister-in-law of the member) and we didn´t get much of a chance to talk to her but she seems pretty open to the church. I think we´ll be seeing between 3-5 baptisms these coming weeks in our area alone. 8 in total in the ward! Should be quite a sight to see! 

We helped a member kill his grass this week the old school way. We had these hoe-like things that they call ´enchadas´ which being interpreted is ´swollens´. I guess they looked at their hands after they were done and gave em´ the name, ha ha. It was pretty brutal work but cool at the same time. I think everyone left with some blisters due to the pansy-ness of missionary hands. I need to hit a weight room again to toughen em´ back up.... 

So this week I said something that I kinda gave a second thought to... It was something like this to an investigator ´yes, Christ will give you a new heart, but you have to give Him yours first´. It kinda hit me when I put it that way. It gave new meaning to what king Lamoni said ´ Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy..?´ to me. We need to literally rip out our old ways to give more room for the new ones.... Much different when I thought about it that way.


Hope you all have a good week. Keep calm and pray on! 
-Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment