Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 80 ( Section 129 )

Hey everyone! This week has been full of fun, the spirit and missionary whimsy. We´ve been a little short in the baptismal department but that´s okay, we´ve got some awesome people who are looking to be baptized this week. It could be up to 5 in one day! Whoo! 

But I really procrastinated writing this until the end of my time (stupid mormon messages are always way too addicting) and I´ll have to be a bit breif here. Not that every really waxed eloquent on you all before but one day it just might happen. 

Anyway this week we had a few great nights. The first was the baptism up of an eight year old in our ward which had more than a few investigators. It´s always good for them to see a baptism before they themselves get in the water. It also meant a ton of free food that could even satisfy a missionary´s hunger, haha. It was her birthday party as well so that was fun. 

The next night we had our ward FHE thingy. It was family histroy night and I´ll add a picture in here so you can all see what happened:


Yes, that is three missionaries in old school get up (I think you´ll be proud of me there Dicie). We thought it´d be fun to get into the spirit a bit with some of the people there. This is only a tiny bit of the people who showed up but only we were dressed in the spirit of the night you could say. 

Me and my comp also had a fun FHE with a famliy in the ward but we kinda got the time off... we got there half an hour early and ened up tracking after sundown and I´m fairly convinced we scared some poor people half to death showing up out of nowhere all dressed up but it was funny :). The FHE Went well too. The family weill be getting sealed here on friday which is SUPER cool! 

Sunday we went to a birthday party for a yound man in the ward. He insisted on some apple pie and I was more than happy to practice the old art so we went and had a good time there, but had to be home by 7 due to some protests that apperently were supposed to happen..... oh well, I made us another pie to enjoy, haha. 

I was thinking a little bit this week about some phrases I think we´ve all heard ´know thyslef´ and the other classic of ´what´er thou art, act well thy part´. These are some good old age wisdom I that I like. We need to know who we are and then figure out our best way to help the world. I always thought that for sure I´d be some huge baptizing AP that made everyone else look in awe at my awesomeness. But is not my part here in the mission or really even in life. I´m still not %100 sure what my part is but I am determined to go after it with everything I´ve got when I do find it. I´ll be the best whatever I am for sure when I get home. I think for sure I want a Moroni-like figure but maybe I should just be like Nephi (the 3rd) who was hated by everyone for being rightous until he was called as one of the humbke 12 in the BoM. Who knows, but we should all do our best to fulfill these two phrases I think. 

Have a great week everyone! 
-um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela  

No comments:

Post a Comment