Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 81 ( Section 122 )

Well, once again I left all my time looking up pretty young women on Mormon.org ..... Kidding! I´m just kidding, just wanted to make sure you were all still a bit interested in these emails, ha ha. Anyway just want to say this week was really great to start off. I know I say that a lot but this week was even better than normal :). Just to say I know nothing about transfers for now except that they closing my area here and leaving only one companionship in the ward and that I am called as District leader this morning. It´ll be interesting to say in the least for my poor district, but I am honestly very excited for this new calling. 

So some fun stuff that´s going on this week. I got a sign language book from our deaf investigator and have been studying it a lot. Turns out it´s from the Jehova´s Witnesses...... So it´s full of cool drawings and a bunch of apostasy, ha ha. It says the way you say ´cristian´ is ´JW´! But anyway this Thursday I was actually able to talk to her all night about some random stuff and understand her almost completely without interpretation. It was pretty cool, she was  really surprised that I picked it up and I honestly was as well. 

We had a crazy guy tell me I was an American spy and that I need to go Venezuela or something like that. He also made some illusion to marriage in São Paulo Temple because my comp is from there.... It was fun I guess. I was nice to him and asked him if he believed in God and he told me to prove to him God was real in the moment, so we left him there and invited him to come to the church some day. He then shouted a bit more about American spies and some other random stuff..... Only happens on the mission I guess. 

This week we had an awesome woman drop out of nowhere! She is the mother of one of the other mission´s investigators and this woman, Tania, and her daughter and future-son-in-law all were baptized this weekend! It was super cool! They were all super happy and Tania went from not wanting to be baptized to asking me to baptize her! It was a really great miracle to see in her life and in ours. I know they will all be a great strength to the ward and that I´ll miss them all for sure. 

Sorry it´s short this week but I need to leave you all with a little spiritual thought. I was thinking about how God always provides a way. Seeing as we would have a baptism this week we were looking to complete the standards of excellence of the mission this week, but were heavily lacking in lessons with members with only Saturday and Sunday left. But out of nowhere we had tons of friends of members over to their houses when we weren´t really expecting anything. We just went and worked and hoped for the best and the Lord really did the rest! It´s like Gideon in the bible (if you don´t know that story go and read it, you´ll learn something) in Judges 6 and 7. I´d quote it but it´d be a bit long, ha ha. Check it out and you´ll see the parallels. 

The church is launching something called ´becuase he lives´. Everyone check it out and share it!  Have a good week! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela  

No comments:

Post a Comment