Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 55-- I was wrong

Well, I was wrong. I've never been more happy to be wrong really. I guess you all already know because my mom kinda already spilled the beans but I wanna say it anyway. MY VISA CAME THROUGH! It was the craziest thing. I just got a call Wednesday from President Weidman and I didn't really think anything of it and then.... bam, that man goes and drops that bomb on me right after transfers. I should be heading out around Oct. 15th or so, near the end of this transfer. I'm not too sure really whether to be sad, happy, excited or frustrated. Like I said, I was never meant to have a normal mission I guess. I love it here in California but I really still want to go to Brazil... It's all a bit of a mess, but I've made up my mind and I'm just gonna go for it and see what happens. In the end, there are blessings either way. I've learned a lot here and I am grateful for everything the people, the missionaries and Pres. Weidman has taught me. 



Enough about that though, we're still having fun here in the US. Well I'm in the "ghetto" area now called the Inglewood Knolls. It's really not that bad, I don't see why people are always freaking out about this place. I know it used to be worse and there are "don't go there" areas here too but I like it pretty good here. We still get plenty of dinners and for once I've come into an area that is alive and well! We've got plenty of work to do and the missionaries here before me have done a good job. We've got a few baptismal prospects that seem really ready and we're doing well. 

"Da branch" is a very cool place. Sunday was different from just about any other ward or branch I've ever been to. It was a lot of missionaries first of all. You've got 3 sets of us youngin's and 5 or 6 older couples that work in various areas but all come to church there. It's about 1/6 missionaries there then. The classes were good and all but nobody was actually there really until sacrament meeting, and then we got all the big-wigs in the area to show up. The stake president came over, a former stake president, a high counselor and even Pres. Weidman made it there. It was a very small, full stand. It was a testimony meeting too, and all of them got up and spoke, which was really powerful. 


I don't have much time but I'll leave you with this. Make sure you listen to the spirit when it talks to you. I didn't listen the first time I gave my answer to stay here. I only listened about half way really but looking back I see that I was not really listening and let my own logic and reason take place of the Lord's wisdom, and I made the wrong choice. I wanted to please people around me and didn't really give the answer I wanted, or the Lord apparently. I always thought I knew a bit about following the spirit but I guess I wasn't as good about it as I thought. Never logic or reason once you have an answer, just do it. I got lucky and God has shown me I took the wrong path and is letting me fix it, which isn't always the case. 


Well, hope you all have a good week! 
-Um no exercito de Deus


Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment