Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 57-- If you want to be everyone's favorite missionary...

Hello again! Sssoooo it's been a good week I guess. The heat broke at least so pretty much the weather is staying in the "still sweating a bit" zone, not the "I might just drown" area, so that is good. We've had a bit of a slow week but we are still doing our best. It's hard here in  the rougher parts of town, no one has phones! And if they do it's because they buy one for a month, don't pay the bill and then they get a new one the next month.  



So we've been on exchanges a lot the past week and I actually ended up in the "crazy" area. It's where the zone leaders work and they live 8 miles outside of their area because it's not really safe for them to live in it. So I got to go there with one of them for a day. We got there and things almost immediately started to get weird. I wasn't even there for 30 mins and we had a homeless man telling us we needed to give him a dollar for food. The Elder I was with kept just responding "I've got a Book of Mormon for ya" and he kept saying "Well I need a dolla." That went on for, I swear, at least a full minuet until we finally relented and went to Taco bell and got him some stuff. When we went in he said "You go in, I gotch'yo' back, I'm (insert swearing about just how "bad" he was)". After we got him his food he hugged us (didn't smell so great) started crying and said he had our backs if anything went down. It was a strange/funny/amazing experience I won't soon forget. 


Um, we had interviews with Pres. Weidman Friday and that was great. I'm not sure if he'll want to do an exit one with me but I assumed it'd be the last one I will have with him. It was really good and I sure learned a lot from him. I wish he could come with me almost but I'm sure I'll come to love Pres. Wright just as well. If he's still mission pres down there.... He could have finished by now I guess. 

We also had some exchanges with an Elder here that is from Brazil and that was fun! He speaks a different accent then I learned so it was a bit hard to understand hims sometimes but we sure packed in a lot for those 24 hours. Also I didn't eat for 10 hours and at 9 O'clock at night I finished a whole pizza (a large one, not a personal one) and 1/6 a cake..... never try that at home. I've felt SO nasty the past few days. Just for bragging rights though it was pretty worth it :). 


Saturday we had our branch picnic and that was a blast. I made a new record of 4 pies and there were none left so I was pretty happy. Everyone wants me to make more now, haha. I tell you what, if you want to be everyone's favorite missionary, learn to make pie! We did a watermelon eating contest too and that was fun. I'll have to get the pictures from my companion to send you all, it's pretty great. And we got a free watermelon out of it too :).


So to be all spiritual I think the best thing to talk about is trying to keep the spirit. I don't know really much more to say than it is the single most important thing we can do as members of the church. It well make you better in almost any imaginable way. Write down when you have an spiritual experience is Henry B Eyring's advice. Even if that is all that is in your journal. You'll find yourself having more and feeling them stronger. I've recently just started doing it and I can tell you it's true! 


Well, that's all for this week! Have a good one! 


-Um no exercito de Deus 
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment