Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 58-- I love the people here

Hello again everyone! 

This week has been pretty good I'd say. The people here seem to love our message, they just don't want to come to church. We try but it seems everyone is always doing one thing or another. Thus is missionary life I guess :).

So, it seems that here in the ghetto there are plenty of strange, weird  and down-right funny things to go around. For example, me and the DL were on exchanges and he needed to get his flu shot so we took off to CVS. As we were in line some man, who was very obviously drunk, and asked us what we were. We were pretty happy to tell him but he cut us off and said "Wait, you can't get caught up in that religion stuff. You see, I am God!" things only made less sense from there on out and then all the sudden he leans in close to us and says "You see here? I've got a "G" ( $1,000 in LA lingo)  on me. If I ain't got a G on me then there's a problem. Just don't tell my girl, cause I've got more than her." His girl then proceeded to call out to him and he looked like a scared little puppy, haha. He then went over and "blessed" a little boy by responding to every outburst of non-sense the baby was saying with "BLESS YOU CHILD!"..... This defiantly isn't the LA they show you on TV, haha. 

We got to see a movie that's coming out as well from the church called "Meet the Mormons". Not sure if they've been announcing it around there like they have out here but it's a big deal apparently. It was pretty great, just over an hour and very inspiring. They follow some notable members around and it does a real good job of making us not look weird, which was the goal I guess. It's super good! Go see it, then take your non-member friends to see it and then call the missionaries and watch the miracles happen :). 

One more fun thing was that I fulfilled a man's dream this week apparently. We have some members here that have recently moved in from Guatemala and they feed us dinner every Thursday. They really like me because I speak enough Spanish to help them learn English and Elder Shamo just kind of sits there all awkward like, haha. To say thank you I figured I'd make them an apple pie. When I gave it to them he told me in his broken English "Elder, this pie... when I come to this country, I always want to try some house-made apple pie. You are fulfill my dream!" Ha ha, I love the people here :).

Well, In being spiritual this week I guess the topic is gonna be General Conference. Go to all your sessions people! You never know what you are going to miss if you don't go. It'll inspire you because these really are men of God. I've been lucky enough to shake a few of their hands and be in conferences with them and the spirit around them is tangible. Pray to God and prepare a question you need to have answered and I swear by my ties that God will answer it through one of His anointed servants. The power of God is upon these men. 

I hope you all have a good week. Love you all and hope the Lord can help you all this week.

-Um no exercito de Deus 
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment