Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 61-- The most important thing? Pizza Night!

Querida famila e amigos,

THAT´S RIGHT I´M FINALLY IN BRASIL GUYS! Sorry I haven´t sent an email for a while but P-day here is a bit off so this is the first real email we´re sending home. Sorry if some stuff looks funny, the keyboard here is different. Anyway the CTM is pretty cool here. A whole lot more relaxed than our last visit the to CTM in Provo. Not sure if it´s just the culture here or that we´ve already been out so they don´t try to shove all the info down our throats again but it´s a nice break for sure.
The flight here wasn´t all that bad except for the fact that it too about 16 hours in the air and around 18 total... that´s okay but I won´t be looking forward for the ride home too now, that´s for sure. I got up around 4am last Tuesday to make the flight and I was solo for about 5 hours and then at the airport in Detroit I met up with 5 other missionaries, one of which was actaully from my last MTC district! You all might not remeber me talking about Elder Collet but he´s my comp now and I about died when we saw eachother. I was on a moving side walk but grabbed him a hug anyway and we almost both fell over laughing. There´s also an Elder here from one of my EFY groups too! How crazy is that! He thought I was crazy when I ran up and hugged him at first haha, but then he seemed to catch on pretty quick. What are the chances?!
I can´t really get around to all the things I want to tell you all about so I´ll just try and do a quick summery of the rest.
First and most important thing is that this is the only CTM in the world to sport it´s very own brick-fire pizza oven, so every Wednesday is pizza night. Yes, that is the most important thing, no matter what you think :).
I´m in a district with 7 Elders and 1 Sister. Elder Espadas (swords in Port.), Elder Mortenson (close to the word death in Port), Elder Wilder (DL), Elder Jenson, Elder Ormsby, Elder Collett (Like the word for sports jersey. My comp) and Sister Phillips. We´re the ZL´s but it´s pretty much useless because we don´t really do anything execpt make jokes at Elder Wilder because our distirct is the only one in our zone. So we´re zone leaders over a district for 6 days doing nothing..... haha
There is no peanut butter, only nutella
I´m doing pretty great on the language, we speak pretty much only Portuguese here but most of the district slacks off a lot, but that´s why they don´t speak as well yet :P.
The teachers are pretty chill, we have 3: Irmã Alcalde, Irmã Mendes and Irmão Rodrigo, all brazilian, all from the city here.
We´ve been out doing some contacting around here 2 times now for a few hours both times. It´s pretty great, a whole lot better than it was in Cali, haha. I can´t paragraph down now... wierd. Anyway, we just get back for the temple. We went and did it in Portuegse which was pretty awesome. I got some pics but we can´t send them here so it´ll have to wait till next week or so. Well, that's all for this week! Um no exercito de Deus -Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment