Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 59-- Last Week In LA

Well, this is my last week here in LA. I'll be traveling to Brazil Tuesday morning (super early by my estimation) and I'll be having an interview with President and staying the night there with probably the assistants as well. It's gonna be awesome! It'll be great to finally have all this language study pay off. 

Tuesday  was pretty great. We went to all our normal visits and when we showed up everyone seemed to want to bring their friends who were not members. We had a lesson set up with a recent convert and his friend just so happened to be there. Apparently he got suspended from school because someone was bashing on Christ and he went and floored the kid, haha. I respect his fire but maybe he went about it the wrong way.... We also had a lesson with an elderly man in our branch and his non-member daughter was just there for the day so we got to teach her as well. She wasn't too interested but a seed was planted I guess. 

So this week has been pretty great we've been getting ready for me to get ready to go. The main thing was me trying to get my Hep. A shot. Friday it took o\us pretty much forever to make it to the place we needed to go. We went to the wrong place first, then we got directions, ended up getting a bit lost and then finally got the right place for the 30 seconds and tons of money it took to get the shot. It took us 3 or 4 hours just to go get one shot, haha. And days of searching for a place that actually had it. 

Sunday went off the hook pretty quick too. Right after conference we had an appointment that fell through and we were just walking away when a man called out to us and told us to come into his place. He told us that it was a christian shelter but that didn't seem to raise any red flags to me. As we sat down though the director asked who we were and I felt a little weird. After that we had man named "Preacher" come sit down and decide to listen in on our lesson. At that point I asked if this was a church run place and our new friend said yes.... At that point it was clear we needed to leave but my comp seemed to think it was a good idea to start debating doctrine but I wasn't having none of that. We got out of there real quick to make sure we didn't offend anyone too bad. It wasn't too great really, not my smoothest moment, but we continue on. 

Oh, and we found some people that want 40 bibles from us.... not sure what to do there... 

Well for my spiritual thought I would like to site all of conference, haha. It was pretty great. I was really excited that some people were giving some talks in their native languages. Especially like the one in Portuguese for sure :). I'll have to listen to that one again for sure. I also liked the one that was by Elder "Jorg K." It was about taking responsibility for our sins and all that. I also like one that was also along those lines earlier in the session but I forget who did that one. Elder Bednar's was fun too, with the story about his two kids :).  Pretty much, if you missed it, make sure you go back and watch it. It was a nice pick-me-up from the world out here. 

Well, that's all for this week. Everyone have a good week! 

-Um no exercito de Deus
Elder Teela  

No comments:

Post a Comment