Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 92 (section 53)

So this week wasn't too fun, but it had it´s ups as well. To start off we went to one of them great pizza buffets for dinner on last Monday. We got to this SUPER fancy place and payed way more than we should have, but we had already gotten there and walking back didn't seem too fun without eating, so we did. I managed to get down 30 slices of pizza! Yeah, how´s that for manhood, haha. But the real winner of the night was my companion. He pounded down 40 slices of pizza! Can you even imagine that?! The crust is thinner here and all but man, I think I would die. 

Then it rained for 3 days straight. I´m pretty sure I´ve already explained this but when it rains here literally everything stops. No one goes shopping, no one is on the street, no one wants to have visits or let you in..... it´s real fun. But we got some good work in still this week. We pretty much did all our work for the week in 3 or 4 days which was pretty busy but it still worked out pretty well I think. The only annoying bit was that we had a record of 5 baptisms fall through in the ward this week. 4 of which were ours, so that was no fun :(. I think we´ll get em´ on this week though. 

I really can´t think of all that many funny/crazy stuff that happened this week..... We did go to a birthday party for one of the sisters in the ward last night. It was pretty fun, I made a pie for sure and we ate tacos like crazy. It was fun until a woman decided to feed her 2 year old son..... breast feed that is.... in front of everyone.... and she´s at least 300 pounds.... Yeah that was a fun sight. It´s fairly normal here in Brazil for woman to breast feed their children like without a blanket or anything covering but a 2 year old with a fat woman..... The freak was that!? I pretty much lost my hunger after that, ha ha. 

So for a spiritual thought I was a bit inspired by the John Rowe Moyle story again this week. It´s a story about a man who lost his leg as a stone cutter while the Salt Lake temple was being built. I would check into the church film "Only a Stone Cutter" if you get a chance. I´m sure most of you have already seen it but it´s a really cool story if you haven´t. 

I hope you all have a good week! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment