Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 93 (Section 41)

Hello everyone! 

The keen observer might notice that my countdown of the D&C Jumped a bit, but that is because I was actually a bit behind I found out. No one judge me, I´m not even trunky anyway :). 

So this week sure was fun.... well interesting and weird would be better words for it. Monday we actually almost worked normal because we had the temple on Tuesday, we just did our email because we wouldn't have time to do it Tuesday trading the p-day. We did a few visits to our normal people here and went and got some Xis to finish the night. It was a pretty uneventful day really.

Tuesday is where things started to get a little wacky. We went to Porto Algere early to try and get some stuff done before and eat lunch there, so we took off at around 9am to get there. We were there till about 11 heading out to lunch when we got a ´phone call from the assistants.... Turns out the temple lost it´s power that day. Some construction project or protest or something happened they said. So that kinda threw a sour note on our day, but we went to a pizza buffet and ate away at our sadness a bit, ha ha. 

We then went to the airport to get the train there but Elder Nielson and Barnes had a secret combination made I think and just down and watched airplanes go by for about 20 mins. Trunk-faces. We then went and took some cool pics at what they call the ´lasso-er´. Here´s one: 


I really don´t know why this statue is here or what it represents, but it´s pretty cool, haha. 


Wednesday was more of the same, just a lot of work and knocking doors. We went out with a pretty cool young man named Helaman who helped us knock out our portions of lessons with members a lot. It was a good day in all. 

I really don´t remember all that much of Thursday. I guess it was a bit of a ho-hum day. Oh actually, I remember now. It was a thing they called the mini-MTC for the youth in our stake. It was basically us showing up for lunch and giving a training on contacts (me and Elder Nielson) and then heading out with the kids to do contacts in the street. It was kinda funny to see them all come back and think they were already the greatest missionaries on earth, ha ha. It was pretty funny but I liked the thing over all. 

Friday was the day we actually went to the temple which was cool. We ate lunch with a cool sister and then took off to Porto and had a good session there. It started raining and then the power was coming and going. I was thinking the power would go out again but at least this time I was through with the session, ha ha. We then went to a near-by mall for some milk shakes and wandering around a bit and then went home and got soaked because we were running the last half mile or so to home, ha ha. It was a fun and memorable day. 

Saturday we found some really cool people to teach and knocked out a ton of lessons. The only problem here seems to be that people are too lazy to come to church...... They all love our visits and the messages but don´t ever make it there..... gggrrrrr. 

Sunday we worked for a while and then made a quick trip home so I could make some cookies for a going away party for Barnes and Nielson. We then went to said party/FHE thing and had fun there. Speaking of which this is transfers this week. I´m staying here as ZL but I have no idea who is coming but it´s my last transfer so I hope they´re ready to work and party, ha ha. I´m gonna kill it. It´s just so surreal that it´s all gonna be over so fast now....... I can hardly believe it. 

That´s gonna be my message this week. It´s really not worth running a race just to stop 10 feet before the finish line. I will not be one of those missionaries that doesn't nothing his last transfer. This is a ´finishers wanted´ gospel. I like what Christ said ´And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.´ That and ´Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.´ it´s like that. I can rest when I get home, for now, I´m still a missionary. 

Well, there´s your weekly rant. Have a good one everyone! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment