Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 98 (LAST ONE!)

Hey guys.... um well, it´s almost over. This is the last time I will send an email though and it sure feels weird..... I figured I´d leave most the details this week to have a few stories still when I get home but I´d like to throw a short list of things while I learned out here and some photos of some of my best memories. 

So starting with the list. 

1). Work. 
I think one of the things I learned better than another is how to work. This week isn't easy and more than one time I wanted to quit. I knew the church was true and everything, I just thought I wasn't a good enough missionary, or that I didn't work enough or that I just wasn't cut out for it. But in the end it was put my shoulder to the wheel and work. As God said to Adam, by the sweat of the brow we will live. We will work all our lives and enjoy all of it´s ´four-letter-glory´ as one man put it. 

2). The church is true.
I can´t tell you how many times I've said it or how many more times I will say it my life. I have seen miracles happen right in front of me and have no way to deny it, the church is simply true and no matter what anyone says, proves, debates or screams, I will never be able to truthfully deny it. 

3). Studying is important. 
Having spent the last two years pouring over the scriptures I can say that was probably one of the most important things I did on the mission. It´s what gave me a MUCH stronger testimony and will carry me into college. Daily study wasn't really part of my life before the mission but now it will be and I´m finally gonna get out of 3rd grade I think, ha ha. 

4). Relationships
I was always a bit of social person you could say but now I really get how to understand and care about people. As gay as it might sound I have learned a lot about who I´m looking for in a marriage now that I've spent 2 years, 24/7 with other people and my companions (you were right dad, you happy? Ha ha). I intend to be a lot better socially now. 

5). Judgement. 
You could say I've made some hard decisions on my mission and I've learned a lot that mommy and daddy won´t be able to do all the hard work for me, I have to choose sometimes for myself and it´s gonna be ugly either way. Just gotta man up and go for it. 

6). Toughness. 
It´s a bit weird that a guy that spent two years walking around in a suit and tie learned to be more tough but the toughness I am talking about is more mental. Those days that you don´t want to get up and 6:30, when it´s cold and taking off the covers seems like suicide. Those days when everything falls through and going home at 6 seems like a great idea that and that no one will find out, when you need to put on these stupid clothes even when it´s 100 degrees out and choke on a tie (Anyone who knows me knows I hate church dress, ha ha). Taking cold showers in the morning, it´s all part of the fun. 

7). Following the spirit
It´s hard to do sometimes and I am still a bit rough on hearing that little voice but I have learned there is no ignoring it. No matter how weird it is, or how strange I need to act, I am determined to follow it. I can´t tell you how many people I've chased down to do a contact with them and have them turn me down anyway, but the Lord ordered, so I followed. 

That´s just a bit, I have SO much more, but it would take all week to type and I still need to work this week, ha ha. Here´s some photos of some of my favorite adventures: 

The night I spent dressed all old-school preacher-like was pretty awesome.


Eating weird fruit was fun too, ha ha

Just a few good memories, we don´t get enough space in these emails to send much more, but these are some good memories. Well..... have a good week and I´ll see some of you here in a week! TCHAU BRAZIL! 

-Um no exército de Deus
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment