Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Elder Teela's District in their cozy quarters

And so another week has passed us by here in the MTC. It's been fun and crazy so let's get right to the good stuff :) 

So last week I forgot to mention  something really cool that happened. One of our subs was named Irmao Miller and he was none other than Elder Gale's professor! It was pretty great and we had a lot to talk about. I couldn't get a picture with him but hopefully I'll run into him again. 

We finally met "Antonio" for real. His name is Irmao Porter and he is an awesome guy. He stopped by during our additional study time and talked to us for about half an hour. He confirmed that the sister had in fact asked him for drugs and then asked him to "swim to God" lol. He told us all he was married and showed all of us but me and my companion some pictures of his "wife" and "daughter". They were his sister in law and his nephew, that was the funny thing. 

He showed me and Elder Francom the pictures and the baby was wearing boy clothes! I have no idea how he tricked them into thinking he was married but it was pretty funny.

We have two new "investigators" now. The weird thing is they are our actual teachers so it's a bit strange to talk to them and they suddenly have a completely different personality. But it's great practice and they are great ways to help us learn the language. Their "names" are Camillio and Edgar but we are doing well in our lessons they say that that we always have the spirit with us when we teach.

So, I'm still a bit known around here lol. I was just starting to think that everyone had finally forgotten when my Branch President used it as an example over the pulpit. I was a bit embarrassed but it's nothing too big I guess. I just had another Elder come up and say I was famous just now lol.


OH! Big news everyone. We are the new District leaders! Well technically the calling is Elder Francom's but the Pres. said it's a two man job. He said "He might be in charge of the district but you are in charge of him" to which I so wisely blurted out "So basically, I'm his wife". We all had a good laugh over that one. It's been good though, with our sports and captaining backgrounds we're a lot more productive and better at goal setting. It's awesome to serve :)

So I'm gonna close this letter out with a bit of a more serious note. I have been praying recently to have more patient and to have more strength through trials. I didn't think the Lord would pull a fast one on me like he did. I was standing in line to get my dinner on Sunday and I was pretty hungry and the line was moving slow. I didn't make a fuss or anything but I was getting more and more annoyed with the line's slow progress. When I finally got my meal I sat down with my district and began to complain quite a lot about this. I stopped all of a sudden and just realized what I was doing. I realized while I might not have complained during the wait.  I was certainly sounding like Laman and Lemuel at the moment. It was but a small test and I had failed miserably. 

We should always remember that we can be tested at anytime and should be ready to  rise to occasion, no matter how small.

Well, until next week :)

-One in God's army 
Elder Jeremy Teela 

No comments:

Post a Comment