Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 4

Oi! Tudo bem? Pronto por um outro discoursa na vida de Elder Teela?
So something majorly funny happened this week. Elder Weight got high. I'm not talking about he was laughing a lot cause it was late at night, I'm talking about drug-induced craziness here.

There's been a bit of a bug going around our district that I have been lucky enough to miss but just about everyone else got it. Elder Weight went out and got some cold rub and some sort of nasal spray to help deal with the symptoms. He put some of the cold rub under his nose to help clear it up a bit but what he didn't know is that it was strong and menthol and a whole bunch of other chemicals that basically can be broken down into alcohol. So when he put it on his lip it went into his mouth.... oops. 

He laughed hysterically for about half an hour about talking some horrible selfies on his companion's camera and then started laughing at Elder Francom's hair, even though there was nothing wrong with it. So for about 30 mins. he laughed like a mad man. After that he deiced to go get a drink and promptly ran into every corner on the way there and stumbled around like a drunk. After he chugged half of the lake came back into the class room and crashed for another half hour. He's fine now but it was pretty funny :)

As you all well know I've been doing the choir here at the MTC and it is AMAZING! But something even cooler happened this week. Elder Eggart (the director) got up on Sunday after rehearsal and told us that last week's performance of "Where can I turn for Peace" was probably the best and his personal favorite performance of the MTC choir in the 11 years he had been doing it. Talk about high praise! He says he hopes he can say the same of this week's performance later tonight of "Joseph Smith's Prayer". I don't like the song as much but I did learn I can hit a "G5" (the one above middle C) without any issue lol. I'm pretty sure I'll be a tenor 1 from now on.
On the subject of music, I heard what I think is now my favorite song ever last week for the special musical number before SED. A sister sang a song called "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee". I swear it was like an angel was singing and the song seemed to perice somewhere even deeper than my soul. You should all go and look it up sometime.
I had a really awesome experience yesterday with an ASL Elder. Me and Elder Francom were walking back to the res. hall with our mail and we were stopped on the way by an Elder who asked if they could teach us really quick. We agreed and one of the elders started waving his hands around. We soon understood that one of them was signing an the other interpreting. I don't speak ASL but I felt a spirit so strong it was awesome. He taught with such fervent spirit and might.... it was indescribable.
For my final thought I think it would be right to share a poem that has been an underlying theme for me in the MTC. I don't really know why but every time there is a devotional or a talk somewhere on the pages of my notes is the phrase "Hold on thy way". I think it'll mean more to me in the field but for now I just have this poem: 

As I walk the path of life
Through the wind and driving rain, 
I find myself drowned amidst 
My waves of earthly pain
Lead laiden are my steps
The soul crushed beneith dispair, 
I know where my heaven lie 
But know not should I make it there
And so with heavy heart
I fall from my shaking knees,
My body racked with aching sobs 
The tears flowing free
As I lay there in my wretched state
Unto mighty God I pray, 
Amid my torment, the Lord did reply 
Fear not my son, for my hand I shall not stay
I raise my head back to the storm 
The torrent still unceasing, 
But with renewed faith in my God 
I find my strength increasing
I know not what this night might bring 
Nor this coming day 
But with faith in every foot step
I shall ever hold on my way
I thought it was pretty cool, I hope you all have a good week and that God blesses you all 
Ficam Doce!
-One in God's army 
Elder Teela

No comments:

Post a Comment