Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Tuesday, September 3, 2013




Elder Teela and Elder Gale-- Two in God's Army






Bom diaz de a CTM! Hello everyone! Everything is going great over here and I have a lot of stories to tell some I'm just gonna get right to it and chronological order.

Tuesday night we have a devotional every week and the choir preforms and it's always amazing. This last week Neal L. Anderson talked and it was an amazing experience. But the best part came after the devotional. We were told not the leave the Marriot center because there was an intense storm outside. We all stayed after and sung some hymns but after a while we got bored and bravely (yet stupidly) decided to try our chances with the storm. We got soaked to the bone. It was coming down like crazy and we all where running and laughing and it was awesome!

The next day we had our personal fitness day, meaning we were to work out without going to he gym or field. We decided to run around the MTC in a loop which was about 2/3 of a mile and after only two laps they were all exhausted. These are Elders I expected to leave me in the dust, two of whom are varsity college athletes..... Pansies lol. I ran loops around them literally to keep up my pace. That is, until we found the biggest pine cone in the history of existence. No joke, this thing was as big as a football and we deiced to throw it around like one. It was pretty funny and awesome and we only got hit in the face a few times ;).

So then our teacher, Irmao Whitiker, took off to lake Powell for a while and we had some subs. They were woefully unprepared for what awaited them in that class room lol. The first one was Irmao Workman who is literally a midget. He's about 4 inches shorter than me and a great guy. He taught us for a while and we somehow got on the topic of what we like to call The Book of Teela. It's pretty much what you'd imagine it would be if you know me very well. A book of my, as I like to call it, "Whimsical Wisdom". Including quotes like "I swear it was a laser guided trial bomb" or "Sometimes you need to step into enemy territory to gain any ground". It's pretty great. Irmao Workman took one look at the content, smiled, and shook his head and said "Sao Locuo" meaning "You guys are crazy".It was pretty great.

Later that class we were all practicing contacting people on the street with each other. Elder Francom and I decided to be particularly difficult and ask poor sister Jaramello (Har-ra-me-yo) and Gamez (Ga-mez) about plural marriage. We all had to speak in Portuguese and they handled it pretty well. The problem came later when Elders Colett (Co-let) and Harberson(Har-ber-son) deiced to do the same. When the sisters asked them about polygamy Elder Harberson responded with an enthusiastic "Sim! Estou bom!" Meaning "Yes, it's great!" lol. We almost all died laughing. After we all recovered it was our turn to play the missionaries. I immediately made the situation worse by saying "Tudos Igrejas ter pecodos" Meaning "All churches have sin" instead of saying all churches have pieces of the truth lol.

So we've made a habit of making meal time a bit more interesting by making bets about who can eat what and this particular day was really funny for two reasons. One, apparently Elder Francom's stomach is about as big as the earth. We know this cause we bet him to eat 4 dinners and he did. And Two, on of the sister missionaries can fit an entire piece of pizza in her mouth. I bet her she couldn't and now the Bowens will be getting a lovely letter from here lol.
I participated in my first Falar-faria or "speak you language day". Every Friday we try to speak the entire day in only our language and only our language. It was really really hard but I made it all the way to dinner before my brain started leaking out of my ears. I really am much better at the language for it though and I feel an notable difference in my my ability to speak. I can even still tell jokes in Portuguese :)

I'll finish with this last little tale. Yesterday we deiced to play some district volleyball. We all went up to the sand fields and set up our net and whatnot and started playing. It was overcast so we kinda saw this coming. The heavens did unleash their extremely wet fury upon us as we battled in the sport of the Gods. The rain was crazy and we just kept on playing and we all got soaked worse than we did Tuesday night. It seems that if we can't go to Brazil yet, the Lord is intent on bring it to us lol.

I miss you all and hope that the Lord is blessing your lives and watching over you. Please send letters and such because I get those any day and I can only read your e-mails on P-day. If you use Dear Elder the letter usually get here within a day and I love love love love to hear from you all.

-One in God's army
Elder Jeremy Teela

P.s. Just got some great news. Sister Gamez in my district got her visa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment