Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Elder Jeremy R. Teela

Sunday, September 1, 2013

MTC Letter

Como esta? Tudo bem? Ey estoeu muito bem!  Mino compehano fala ola.  Minba primo semana em CTM estou muito otimo! O Espirito Santa esta muito fortesomo aqui.
( That is a rough translation as we can hardly decipher Jeremy's handwriting in English, let alone Portuguese )

Good luck translating that! As you can see my Portuguese is coming along well.  We just finished our first temple session and it was great!


My district is pretty darn awesome.  We have only grown closer since my last letter and we are truly brothers in the army of God now.


We've been teaching and "investigator" for about four days now and I really thing we are doing well.  I bring this up because we found him on campus yesterday using his lds.org account.  It was pretty funny and we all had a good laugh about it.


I want to say thanks to Bee and Kenz for their letters and yes Kenz, I can read yours. If you send anymore, please use dearelder.com.  I get those the day after you send them and I love reading them.  


So you know how I said  my district is awesome? Well it gets better.  They all want to ( The Elders at least ) want to sing in Sacrament Meeting in our branch with me! ( 3 out of 6 of them are tone deaf including my companion, but I figure I can fix that ).  Two of them have choir experience, the not tone deaf ones, so I won't be alone in this endeavor.


I'll share a story now because I know you are dying to hear one.  So we were teaching Antonio, the "investigator" about baptism and asked if he had been baptized ( this is all in Portuguese too! ).  He said he had and that is was " muito frilio ".  I responded by saying they were trying to freeze his sins away.  That's right, even a language can't keep me from cracking jokes.  Anyway, he laughed and we went on to have a great lesson and bear powerful testimony to him.


I want to close this letter by letting you guys know that I know I've made the right choice in coming here and that I know this is God's work.  I love and pray for all of you and hope the Lord is with you.


One in God's army--


Elder Jeremy Teela


No comments:

Post a Comment